Pages

Friday 15 January 2021

Winter Blues

Not the winter blues we experience from the cold, dark days of winter but Just Nan's Winter Blues sampler. I'm taking part in the SAL arranged by Jo on the Just Nan Facebook page and this is my progress at the end of week two. We are broadly completely two bands per week. I bought this chart when it first came out so it's about time I started it.

Winter Blues - Just Nan
Fabric: 28ct Zweigart White Cashel linen
Threads: Suggested DMC and Kreinik threads
Embellishment pack included with chart

Earlier this week I completed stitching Just Nan's Mermaid Heart. I started this 1st January 2017 as my project for the Ten stitches a day SAL. However I lost interest in it after a few months as 10 stitches a day was too few for my liking. I then stitched 70 stitches once a week but that didn't work for me either. I finally took it out again before Christmas and when I saw how little needed to be done to complete it, I made up my mind that it would be finished. So here it is. I just need to decide on how I will fully finish it. Hopefully that won't take me three years!

Sadly, despite numerous attempts, the colours didn't come out well in my photos (this was the best one) but I can assure you that they are rich and vibrant.

Mermaid Heart - Just Nan
Fabric: 32ct Zweigart Rue Green Belfast Linen
Threads: Suggested Ver au Soie threads
Embellishment pack included with chart



9 comments:

  1. Lovely stitching Mary, love the Mermaid Heart. Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Winter Blues is a beautiful design Mary, enjoy stitching it. Mermaid Heart is lovely, well done on a great finish

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely stitching Mary, love Mermaids Heart xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your two works very much, especially the second, mermaid heart, beautiful colors.
    Martina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely work on Winter Blues. I was really hoping that would be the top choice! The Sampler SAL actually evolved out of the 10 a Day Challenge. I wanted to make faster progress, like you, and decided a band a week would be much better.
    Love Mermaid Heart, I have that one in my stash too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such pretty pieces, Mary! It is so frustrating trying to get the true colors to photograph well sometimes! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love both Just Nan pieces! I'm not sure I could do 10 stitches a day either, or even 70 a week, but then I've never been a stitch-counter, just a time-counter. So glad you decided to finish Mermaid Heart though as it's absolutely beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Winter Blues is going to be pretty, I like blue and white together.
    Your Mermaid Heart is gorgeous, in that photo the colours look stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and leaving a comment.

It is lovely to hear what you think.