Pages

Sunday 31 January 2021

Smalls SAL - January 2021

Mary is again hosting the Smalls SAL where, on the last Friday of the month, we show any small projects that we've worked on. Full details can be found here

Like I often do in January, I've stitched a number of small projects. This year it has been helped because I'm taking part in both the Needlecraft Haven and Facebook groups for The Twelve Days of Christmas SAL. So I should maintain a certain momentum in my stitching throughout the year; assuming of course that I don't fall by the wayside.

I'm working on both the Jardin Privé and Plum Street Samplers designs for the Twelve Days of Christmas.

I've chosen the red version for the Jardin Privé and I'm stitching it as a single piece. It was the border for this design that attracted me to it so it had to be completed as a single project. Here is my day one.

First Day
The Twelve Days of Chrismas - Jardin Privé
Fabric: 28ct Zweigart Vintage Country Mocha linen
Threads: Suggested DMC threads

I wanted something different for my Plum Street Samplers project which I had decided to complete as individual pieces. After a lot of searching I found a blue/silver, white and gold interpretation on this Japanese Blog that I fell in love with and decided that I wanted to do something similar. 
I haven't decided on my final finish for these so I have omitted the border for now. I might add it later if I decide that is what I want.
First Day
The Twelve Days of Chrismas - Plum Street Samplers
Fabric: 32ct Zweigart White linen
Threads: DMC 415, 932, 3750, 3820

As it's always useful to have a supply of birthday and other occasion cards I thought that it would be nice to send close family and friends a stitched card this year. This little design from Just Nan was an ideal starter. I only need to finish it as a card now.
(Happy Birthday) Heartfelt Trio - Just Nan
Fabric: 28ct pale blue (not Zweigart) linen
Threads/Embellishments: Suggested DMC threads plus sequins

Finally this little Pineberry Lane sampler was a quick stitch. It only took two evenings and that included the time to chart the names that I wanted to use.
Good Dog Marking Sampler - Pineberry Lane
Fabric: 28ct Crafty Kitten Sept 2018 Limited Edition linen
Threads: Suggested DMC except 3031 used for 3021




 


11 comments:

  1. Lovely work you've achieved already this year Mary, love the different choice of colours for Plum Street 12 days of Christmas xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty stitching, I really like the colours of the Jardin Prive design on the gorgeous chosen linen fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the red scheme is my favourite for the Jardin Prive and I like the border too.
    I also like your colour scheme for the Plum St design.
    And of course the JN is lovely! I don't have that one. Yet LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely 12 Days stitching, this is such a fun SAL. Your Just Nan and Pineberry Lane are both lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had a lot of pretty small stitching in January, Mary! The JN piece will make a lovely birthday card and I do love the Jardin Prive SAL. I forgot to print out the charts after the first six, sadly... Hope February is off to a lovely start for you ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are some nice patterns, especially the card motif, I find it very pretty.
    I also want to design more cards myself this year, they are just more personal.
    Martina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely Smalls! Stitching one of the days of Christmas each month seems to be becoming more and more popular, and a great way of pacing a bit-chart throughout the whole year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've been very busy and I love your silvery version of the Plum Street Sampler 12 Days. Note to self: remember this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for joining the SAL! Beautiful smalls this month! I am very fond of 12 days series and both of these are so nice. I like your colors in the Plum Street one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What lovely stitching! I like the colors you chose for the Plum Street Sampler 12 Days, very soothing. The Just Nan Happy Birthday colors just pop off the fabric too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are some sweet stitches, Just Nan is so pretty and delicate. The Good Dog is cute, wish I had one - mine's a bit naughty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and leaving a comment.

It is lovely to hear what you think.