Pages

Wednesday 6 January 2021

Let The People Choose - The Designer Most Enjoyed in 2020

This is my second blog post in Jo's Let The People Choose ... blog hop.  This month's theme resonated with me as the designer I most enjoyed stitching in 2020 has to be Little House Needleworks (LHN). In March 2020 I started stitching LHN's The Little Sheep Virtues and Country Cottage Needleworks' Sheep in the Meadow as a single project. It took me six months to complete this. I intend to have it framed, hopefully later this year.

Little Sheep Virtues - Little House Needleworks and
Sheep in the Meadow - Country Cottage Needleworks
Fabric: 40ct Zweigart Natural linen

The reason I enjoyed stitching this so much was because it was such a soothing project to work on when we were all adjusting to our changed lives as a result of Covid-19. I found that my thoughts dwelt on each of the themes, Friendship, Hope, Love, etc as I stitched them and remembered people and events that I associated with each one.


6 comments:

  1. A lovely piece of work Mary, perfect for 2020, I'm looking forward to seeing it framed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen these a few times over the years, but not stitched together like this. They look fab! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every single motif is great, but everything together results in a great picture, I'm curious which Finsih you choose.
    Enjoy your weekend, Martina

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing this on a single piece of linen, Mary--you did a wonderful job. We all need the soothing that our stitching provides as we struggle through this pandemic together. Have a lovely week ahead ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for taking part in The People's Choice this month. I love this Sheep Sampler and your reasons for choosing it too.
    I think our stitching was a major motivator for making it through 2020!

    ReplyDelete
  6. C'est trés joli et l'encadrer sera super !
    Merci pour ton commentaire sur mon blog!
    bises
    nelly Yllen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and leaving a comment.

It is lovely to hear what you think.