Pages

Friday 28 August 2020

Smalls SAL August 2020 - It's A Finish!

It's the last Friday of the month and time for a Smalls SAL update. This is hosted by Mary of Mary's Thread and all details of how it works can be found here.

I've been treating each of my Little Sheep Virtues as 'smalls'. Simplicity, Kindness, Gratitude and Joyfulness were all stitched in August to complete this project.

I started Little Sheep Virtues and Sheep in the Meadow in February on Ash Wednesday and six months later on Wednesday night, I finished it. This has been a lovely project to work on and was ideal for keeping my hands busy while watching television.

I haven't decided how I will finish it. It's a toss up between framing or a quilted wall hanging. One thing I do know is that there's no rush on deciding what to do.

Thanks to Julie of I'll Cross That Leg When I Get To It and Giovanna of Giovanna's stitches for inspiring me to stitch these designs like this.

Little Sheep Virtues - Little House Needleworks and
Sheep in the Meadow - Country Cottage Needleworks
Fabric: 40ct Zweigart Natural line
Threads: Recommended DMC and Weeks Dye Works threads


7 comments:

  1. What a lovely piece Mary - congratulations. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beauty, Mary--love how you've stitched it as one piece with the pretty added focal point in the center. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is really gorgeous as all one piece Mary! This will look so wonderful displayed on your wall. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks wonderful, it makes a lovely sampler laid out like this. I miss Giovanna's Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG it's stunning.....congrats on the finish.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. This has turned out really lovely, such a pretty sampler and lots of interesting details in each stitchery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's been lovely watching this grow, great work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and leaving a comment.

It is lovely to hear what you think.