Pages

Tuesday 1 February 2022

Smalls SAL - January 2022

It's the first 2022 link up for the Smalls SAL hosted by Mary and I'm pleased to say that I have some stitching to show.

First up is Baked Goods from Little House Needleworks. If you think "I'm sure I've seen that recently" you are right as I stitched it for our Needlecraft Haven Christmas Ornament Exchange. I liked it so much that I had to stitch one for myself. This pattern was a gift from Clare and at Needlecraft Haven we have made it our Travelling Pattern in 2022.

Baked Goods - Little House Needleworks
Fabric: 32ct Zweigart Sand linen
Threads: Suggested DMC threads and chose 3865 for ecru like colour

I've admired Jeanette Douglas's designs for some time and her free Mini Bouquet Sampler during 2022 has given me the opportunity to try some of her designs. I am stitching each month's design individually with the intention of completing each one as a scissor fob. I am using her suggested DMC thread conversions and I'm pleased with the end result in the mini pineapple bouquet.

Pineapple Mini Bouquet - Jeannette Douglas
Fabric: 40ct Zweigart Light Mocha linen
Threads: Suggested DMC conversion but used 3011 for both stems and leaves

My final 'show and tell' is not really a small. I'm taking part in Needlecraft Haven's Temperature SAL and here is my progress as at 30 January 2022. I know temperature SALs have been around for some years but I had never done one as I had no idea what I would do with the finished piece. When I saw the floral temperature SAL from Jardin Privé, I knew immediately that I wanted to stitch this one. I plan to finish it as a cushion cover.

Projet Météo 2022 - Jardin Privé
Fabric: 32ct Zweigart Light Lilac linen
Threads: Suggested range of cool, warm and other DMC colours
and using a 4 degree Celsius range between colours


7 comments:

  1. LHN's baked goods make a pretty theme.
    And the Blumen SAL with the temperatures is really great, I like that and I will follow it.
    Keep on having fun
    Martina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary! Your baked goods finish is so sweet. I've stitched this one, too, and it's one of my favorites. Love the little bouquet series from Jeanette Douglas--I'm thinking about doing the February one if I have time. Hope you have a wonderful month ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have very sweet stitching Mary. The temperature SAL is quite different than any others I have seen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Baked Goods is a lovely design, thank you for making it Needlecraft Haven's travelling chart. Your little bouquet is lovely as is your temperature SAL, I expect you'll have some hot colours come the summer

    ReplyDelete
  5. What nice smalls this month! Yes, I love those Jeannette Douglas ones too, and I'm collecting the patterns until I decide what to do with them! I look forward to seeing your collection! It will be fun to watch your temperature stitch grow too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Baked Goods is lovely, I do that too, make something for someone else and then want to stitch it for myself!
    I'm collecting the Jeanette Douglas pieces, I like them on your 40 count.
    Have fun with the Temperature SAL, Jan 1st was a hot day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Baked Goods look delicious, now I want a sweet treat!
    Your mini bouquet is lovely, that's another piece I'd like to start. Same with the Temp SAL, pretty flowers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and leaving a comment.

It is lovely to hear what you think.