Pages

Saturday 19 February 2022

Gifted Gorgeousness - February 2022 and a Valentine Exchange

It's that time of the month when we show off the Gifted Gorgeousness that we have sent, received or stitched/crafted during the past month. This is hosted by Jo and a list of other participants can be found here.

First up is my Alpine Seasons Garden. I feel that I've made good progress on this during the past month. I've almost completed the outer border.

Alpine Seasons Garden - Chatelaine as at 9 September 2022
Fabric: 32ct Belfast Sand linen
Threads: Recommended silk threads

I've been following DJ's progress on her Cottage Garden SAL which is this year's Wiehenburg SAL. I loved what she had stitched and when I showed it to DH he insisted on buying the SAL subscription for me. Naturally I didn't argue. This is what I've done to far. It's a small start but I couldn't wait until I had more time to spend on it.

Cottage Garden SAL - Wiehenburg
Fabric: 40ct Zweigart Ivoire/Cream
Threads: Suggested DMC threads

This year we had a non-stitching Valentine exchange at Needlecraft Haven. Our secret parcel had to contain a reusable shopping bag, the type that comes in a pouch and is handy for your handbag. Ideally the bag would have hearts or be red or pink. The parcel also included thread that matched the bag's colours. I forgot to take a photo of the one I sent to Julie but this was the style.  

The threads I chose to match the bag were DMC 746 (cream), 824(blue) and 833(gold/brown). As I was unable to get a bag in my local shop that matched the brief I also included a skein of DMC 986 (a pink).

My exchange partner was Christine and I received this colourful bag and threads. As someone who carries far too much in her handbag these cheerful colours will help me find it more quickly.

 


I'm still knitting the sleeveless sweater for my sister. It's taking me longer than it should as I keep losing concentration and making errors in the pattern. I'm determined that it will be finished next month.



8 comments:

  1. Great progress on your projects.
    Have a nice weekend. Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alpine Seasons Garden is SO gorgeous Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your alpine garden looks so beautiful, and you can already see the edge very well, I'm curious to see how it goes.
    This little shopping bag is very useful.
    Happy Sunday, Martina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alpine Seasons is looking great, your DH is a star, great start on Cottage Garden

    Thank you for organising our Valentine's Exchange on NH, it was super fun and we will be reminded of our stitching friends whenever we go shopping

    ReplyDelete
  5. Swaps are always so much fun........

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alpine Seasons Garden is looking amazing, Mary! And what a fun exchange--nice idea rather than just the standard stitched gift! Enjoy your weekend ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for taking part in GG this month. Your Chatelaine is so beautiful. Mine hasn't come out so far this year.
    Lovely exchange too, it's nice to have a little treat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Alpine piece is amazing! Can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and leaving a comment.

It is lovely to hear what you think.