Pages

Tuesday 30 March 2021

Smalls SAL - March 2021

Yet again the last Friday of the month has been and gone and here is my stitching for the Smalls SAL hosted by Mary of Mary's Thread (this link opens on the explanation of how the Smalls SAL works).

I only have my 12 days of Christmas smalls to share this month as I'm saving my other 'smalls' for Easter Sunday.

First up is Jardin Privé's 3 French hens. This was a quick stitch. I must start stitching the border for this design rather than leave it until it is the last thing to do.

Third Day
The Twelve Days of Christmas - Jardin Privé
Fabric: 28ct Zweigart Vintage Country Mocha linen
Threads: Suggested DMC threads for red version

On my Plum Street Sampler stitching, I've started to toy with the idea of  stitching a number of gold motifs according to the day, so that the third day would have three, the fourth day would have four and so on. It might mean some adjustments in how I counts things, such as one pair of shoes would count as two gold motifs in nine maids-a-milking. I don't want the gold to dominate in each day. If I decide to go ahead with that idea, I will need to add another gold ornament to the tree below and change the colour of a gold pear on the first day. I shall think some more about this.

Third Day
The Twelve Days of Christmas - Plum Street Samplers
Fabric: 32ct Zweigart White linen
Threads: DMC 415, 932, 3750, 3820


5 comments:

  1. I love your colour choice for the Plum Street piece, makes a change from the red most are doing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your 12 Days are looking great, it's lovely to see the same designs in so many variations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work. I like your idea for the Plum Street. I used a different accent colour for each Day and stitched one motif the opposite way to the rest of each day too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for joining the SAL! Your 3 hens are darling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great cross stitch.....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and leaving a comment.

It is lovely to hear what you think.