Pages

Wednesday 10 March 2021

Fully Finished SAL - March 2021

For a change I'm ready to share my fully finished objects on the opening day for this thread. This SAL is hosted by Rachel (Ten Hour Stitcher) and the links to this month's other participants can be found here

I have two finishes this month. The first is a simple and straightforward padded card finish. As it needs to be in the post by Friday, I didn't dare delay finishing it any longer. It is a Just Nan design that I completed earlier in the year.

(Happy Birthday) Heartfelt Trio - Just Nan
Fabric: 28ct pale blue (not Zweigart) linen
Threads/Embellishments: Suggested DMC threads plus sequins

My second finish is a recycle of an earlier finish from 2015 when I stitched all the Prairie Schooler seasons designs from the February 2008 issue of The Gift of Stitching.  Originally I had finished this to sit on a little easel. 


However I was never really satisfied with this and had planned to change it for some time. I've now made it into a small pillow and will complete the other seasons in a similar manner throughout the year.

Spring - Prairie Schooler 
The Gift of Stitching, February 2008
Fabric: 18ct Flax Aida
Threads: Suggested DMC threads


10 comments:

  1. Lovely pillow finish and your stitched card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Mary. Great idea for your sheep, your pillow is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is lovely! But your sheep are darling, and I love the way you have finished it into a pillow! I can't wait to see how you will finish the others...and now you have me searching out my old cds of this magazine. I'm sure I have it around here somewhere. What a lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card, Mary--and I love the way you remade the spring piece into a small pillow. Hope you are having a wonderful day ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two great finishes, I love handmade cards and this one is so pretty and the little pillow with the sheep is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card for a lucky person.
    The PS piece is great and like DJ I now have to go and look for the series!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are both so lovely!I love all the Prairie Schooler stitchings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mary, what a gorgeous card and I love the pillow finish of the PS season. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great stitching, the sheep look lovely as a pillow

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and leaving a comment.

It is lovely to hear what you think.