Pages

Thursday 18 February 2021

Gifted Gorgeousness and Fully Finished SAL - February 2021

As often happens with me, my Gifted Gorgeousness and Fully Finished Gallery SAL items are mostly the same items. Hosted by Jo and Rachel respectively, details of how these SALs operate can be found here and here.

Each year, Needlecraft Haven has a Valentine/Friendship exchange. This year we stitched a design of approximately 50 x 50 stitches or 2500 stitches to finish anyway we wanted. I chose to finish this free Janie Hubble design as a pincushion/scissor holder. It and a stitched card were sent to Christine. The pincushion is sitting on the backing fabric. Unfortunately this free chart is not available at the moment as Janie Hubble's website is being redesigned. 

Love - Janie Hubble
Fabric: 32ct Antique White linen
Threads: Suggested DMC threads

My card design is from Just Nan's Heartfelt Trio. I have now completed two out of the three designs. The other is Happy Birthday which I stitched and showed in last month's Small SAL.

Forever Friends (Heartfelt Trio) - Just Nan
Fabric: 28ct pale Blue linen
Threads: Suggested DMC threads

I will show what I received in our Needlecraft Haven Valentine exchange in a later post as it is still in the mail to me.

This free humbug design from Jean Farish was stitched with gifted fabric from Clare and thread from Angie (Needlecraft Haven). As I mentioned in an earlier post, I think this would look better if there was more contrast between the fabric and thread. Oh well, I know for again.

Vintage Hearts - Jean Farish
Fabric: 28ct white evenweave
Thread: Dragon Floss-Friendship

I also stitched this free design from The Drawn Thread and finished it as a small pillow. I didn't have the suggested Gloriana silk threads so I used what I already had.  Two of the pink threads used in this design were gifted by Clare and Justine (Needlecraft Haven). The small piece of fabric that you see is what I used to back it. This is all I have left of this Liberty Lawn fabric but I intend to buy some more as I like it so much.

All you need is Love - The Drawn Thread
Fabric: 32ct pale lilac linen
Threads: DMC 814, 819, Soie d'Alger -3023, 3025, 2114
Weeks Dye Works - Moss


10 comments:

  1. You have LOVE-ly stitches this time! I did that little DT piece-it's such a pretty one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love your Drawn Thread finish, Mary--have always intended on stitching that one, but each year it gets set aside for some reason. It really is lovely! Very nice gifts both sent and received. I bet that Just Nan card took a while to stitch--her designs are always a bit more work than I think they'll be :) Enjoy your day ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely collection of hearts for February GG, I really enjoyed our Valentine's exchange, thank you for organising it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always enjoy visiting your blog. All your projects really appeal to me. Great stiching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Valentine which you stitched for the swap and I love The Drawn Thread finish - thank you for the link to the freebie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card! I too, like Carol, keep forgetting to stitch the gorgeous Drawn Thread pattern. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great stitching mary. I love my gift and card

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for taking part in GG this month. I do like that Janie Hubble design, I'll have to watch out for her new website.
    The JN is so sweet too and of course I love the Drawn Thread you entered for the SSS Blog Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are all such lovely little pieces, so pretty and delicate.

    ReplyDelete
  10. All the little pieces are elegant. Great finishes.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and leaving a comment.

It is lovely to hear what you think.