Pages

Sunday 21 February 2021

An update on Samplers

I'm currently stitching on two samplers; Just Nan's Winter Blues and Hands Across the Sea Samplers' Mary Stead 1824. I'm enjoying switching between these and my 12 Days of Christmas projects.

As I'm working to Jo's suggested schedule for Winter Blues on the Just Nan Facebook page, I've now completed bands 13 and 14. There are only five weeks of this project left and this is how it now looks. I'm pleased that I'm keeping to the schedule as it's good to see progress on this sampler rather than having the chart sit in a file.

Winter Blues - Just Nan
Fabric: 28ct Zweigart White Cashel linen
Threads: Suggested DMC and Kreinik threads
Embellishment pack included with chart

I started Mary Stead 1824 in September as part of @Senoritastitches September Sampler Soiree on Instagram. I put it away in October and only took it out a couple of weeks ago. I'm now on the final section and I should be able to complete it this coming week.

Mary Stead 1824 - Hands Across The Sea Samplers
Fabric: 32ct Zweigart Light Mocha/Mushroom linen
Threads: Recommended DMC
Have a good week.


11 comments:

  1. These are both so pretty, Mary--I'm especially drawn to the blue one! Hope you're enjoying a relaxing Sunday ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your samplers are lovely Mary, it's nice seeing them grow

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both look lovely, I really like the Winter Blues.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely stitching Mary, I like the colours in Mary Stead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...Winter Blues looks lovely! Between you and Jo, I may have to find this pattern somewhere, I'm drooling on my laptop...ladylike of course! LOL The Mary Stead sampler looks amazing too! You have flying needles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two wonderful samplers, I don't know which one I like better.
    Have fun with it. Martina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of them looking lovely Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Winter Blues looks amazing! I started the SALs for the same reason. I was tired of seeing "stash photos" in the group and wanted to encourage people to stitch them instead!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mary, these are both so very pretty but I do love the Just Nan Winter Blues.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and leaving a comment.

It is lovely to hear what you think.