Pages

Wednesday 16 December 2020

Gifted Gorgeousness and Fully Finished SAL - December 2020

Once again I'm combining two blog events as there is a lot of overlap in what I am showing today. Jo of Serendipitous Stitching hosts Gifted Gorgeousness and you can found out how it works here. In summary it is an opportunity to show any stitching/craft related gifts you have made and/or received. 

Rachel of Ten Hour Stitcher is our host for our Fully Finished Gallery. The purpose of this gallery is to encourage stitchers to fully finish some, if not all, of their projects. I'm not great at finishing something when I've completed the stitching as I want to move on to the next thing instead. It's good for me to have an incentive to complete my smaller projects. 

First up is my gifted stitching.  For Advent I took part in Wichtelaktion (Advent Elf card exchange) organised by Martina. I wrote of this more fully in an earlier blog post but here is a reminder of the cards sent and received. 

 
Sent to Lynda Ruth (Purple Dixie)
 Received from June (Butterfly Wings              

In addition, I received these extras from June.

Like many stitchers I've been busy stitching for Christmas over the past couple of months. The designs below are fully finished and have all been gifted. Three of these designs are from The Gift of Stitching magazine. I bought all the back copies years ago and in September I decided to choose some ornaments from this magazine. Just last month I discovered that there has been renewed interest in it and that it now has its own Facebook group. It's not like me to be 'on trend' :)
Prairie Schooler Santa - Prairie Schooler
Gift of Stitching, November 2008
Fabric: 32ct Raw unbleached linen
Threads: Suggested DMC

Snowed In - Something in Common in
Gift of Stitching, December 2006
Fabric: 32ct Flax linen
Threads: Suggested DMC threads
When I saw Snowed In on Margaret's Blog, I knew I had to stitch it. For some reason my photo is skewed. 

Snow Keeper - The Drawn Thread (freebie)
Fabric - Unknown light beige evenweave
Threads: Suggested DMC

Beaded Candle - unknown
Fabric: 18ct Antique White Aida

Mulberry Snowflake - Just Nan
Fabric: 32ct Natural Linen
Threads: Suggested DMC
Beads: Unknown petite brown/gold colour

Christmas Eve Deer - Prairie Schooler
Gift of Stitching, November 2009
Fabric: 32ct Raw unbleached linen
Threads: Suggested DMC


9 comments:

  1. A lovely collection of Christmas, I really like the Drawn Thread one. Wishing you a Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your Christmas stitching Mary, and the cards are lovely too. I pulled Christmas Eve Deer out to stitch but didn't get round to it this time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Christmas stitching (my favourite type of stitching). I have enjoyed my visit. I hope your Christmas is very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty stitched cards given and received, I really like the snowed in design and the Mulberry snowflake. Happy Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Christmas exchanges. Funny Santa, lovely snowflake and deer. Joyeuses fêtes de Noël ! Amitiés. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for taking part in GG this month. I love all your Ornaments. I am glad that the GoS is popular again, I've been choosing some ornaments to stitch too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so enjoyed seeing all of the pretty ornaments you stitched, Mary! I did that last one for a gift, too--time to stitch it for myself :) Wishing you a very Merry Christmas ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such gorgeous stitching, Mary!
    I especially love “Snowed in”, then the one you sent to Purple Dixie, then, hold on a minute ..... actually I love them all!
    I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!
    Hugs,
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and leaving a comment.

It is lovely to hear what you think.