Pages

Sunday 19 July 2020

Gifted Gorgeousness - July 2020

I'm pleased to have something to show for Gifted Gorgeousness (GG) this month. GG is hosted by Jo of Serendipitous Stitching and is an opportunity to show your crafting where basically anything connected to the word "gift" is allowed, whether it was a gift to or from you. Full details on how it works can be found here.

I've finished the Silver Wedding Anniversary design gifted to me by Julie of Julie's StitchyKnitter Journal. This is a lovely design. Thank you Julie, I've enjoyed stitching it. I'm hoping that the card will arrive in time as post from France to the UK is taking 12 to 14 days to arrive instead of the usual 3 to 4 days.

Silver Anniversary - Nia cross stitch
Fabric: 40ct cream Zweigart Newcastle linen
Threads: Recommended DMC and Anchor Marlitt threads

I've stitched the design suggested by Christine in Needlecraft Haven's Stay Safe Exchange. I just need to decide on how it will be finished.

Think Happy Little Thoughts - La Comtesse & Le Point de Croix
Fabric: 32ct Crafty Kitten Murano Just Pink
Threads: DMC 729, 817;
Olde Willow Stitchery linen threads 222L Octagon Blue
and  unknown 2013 Bleu Pastel

Finally, I intend to finish this design by Hinzeit as a scissor fob. It was stitched one over one and I omitted the 'Cure' letters on the the key. The fabric is a beige evenweave that was gifted to me at my sewing group. This free design can be found on Hinzeit's website, here.

Hope Cure 2020 - Hinzeit
Fabric: Unknown 28ct Beige evenweave
Threads: Suggested DMC threads


6 comments:

  1. What lovely stitching! Your Silver Wedding piece is lovely and one I'm sure they will treasure! I see you like to stitch one over one as well...they stitch up so sweetly don't they? Thanks for the links to the free patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your stitches this time around Mary! I just printed off the Hinzeit one for myself the other day. I think it is very neat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for taking part in GG this month. The Anniversary card is lovely and I adore the over one stitching on the Hope freebie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Silver Anniversary card looks so lovely, they should love it!
    I still need to stitch Think Happy Little Thoughts, but I think I need to add another kitty for our two.
    That will make an adorable scissor fob!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet! My sister in law stitched my daughter's birth record from a Nia design. It is so very cute. She is a very sweet designer!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and leaving a comment.

It is lovely to hear what you think.