Pages

Tuesday 16 June 2020

Gifted Gorgeousness - June 2020

Another month, another Gifted Gorgeousness. Hosted by Jo of Serendipitous Stitching this is an opportunity to share stitching projects/items that have been gifted to us or that we will be gifting. 

I'm stitching a silver anniversary wedding card using a chart gifted to me from Julie of Julie's StitchyKnitter Journal.  I've had the chart for over a year as originally I thought the silver anniversary was last year. Once I realised it wasn't, the project went on the back boiler until now. I love how the thread colours are blending with each other.

Silver Anniversary - Nia cross stitch
Fabric: 40ct cream Zweigart Newcastle linen
Threads: Recommended DMC and Anchor Marlitt threads

My Alpine Seasons Garden was a Christmas present from my husband several years ago. It has had very little attention during the past weeks as the weather has been so dull. The only addition has been about 20 light grey stitches on the extreme right of the snow capped mountains. I prefer stitching on it when it is bright as I think I concentrate better. Well, that's my excuse.
Alpine Seasons Garden - Chatelaine
as at 16 June 2020
Fabric: 32ct Belfast Sand linen
Threads: Recommended silk threads

My evening stitching continues to be Little Sheep Virtues. I have now completed 'Hope' and I've started stitching 'Patience'. There will no more stitching on this until I have finished the Silver Anniversary card.
Little Sheep Virtues - Little House Needleworks and
Sheep in the Meadow - Country Cottage Needleworks
Fabric: 40ct Zweigart Natural line
Threads: Recommended DMC and Weeks Dye Works threads

I've also baked a one pot yogurt cake as recommended by Christine. I didn't have a suitable cake tin so I found a slight variation of the recipe she suggested, here and baked it in a 2lb loaf tin. I used Greek yogurt and added a splash of lemon juice and some lemon zest and it tastes good. Half of the cake has gone in the freezer, for eating at a later date.
One pot yogurt cake with lemon flavouring


8 comments:

  1. Great stitching Mary. I'm glad you enjoyed the cake. I keep thinking I'll try stirring some blueberries into the mix. I think that might work quite nice;y

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful stitching! Your Chatelaine is so gorgeous, and what a tease to only show a little bit! LOL I actually have the sheep virtues in my hoop and work on it when I find time. I'm stitching mine the same way you are! We will have to cheer each other on!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for taking part in GG this month. I remember Julie's giveaway, it was such a pretty sampler.
    The Chatelaine is amazing too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your projects are so very lovely. I enjoy watching them grow. I have enjoyed my visit today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Silver Anniversary is looking great and Sheep Virtues is growing well. I love the one pot cake, yours looks yummy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Silver Anniversary is looking good.
    I loved the balance of colours in it.
    The cake looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your Silver Anniversary so far, so much nicer than the little thing I stitched for ours!
    The cake looks delicious, I haven't made it... yet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many beautiful projects. I also have those sheep lying around somewhere.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and leaving a comment.

It is lovely to hear what you think.