Pages

Tuesday 16 May 2023

Gifted Gorgeousness - May

Our Internet has been erratic this past month and the telephone company seem to be no closer to solving the problem, whatever the problem is. This will be a short post as I wish to get it up while I can.

First up is a quilted throw that I started back in late November. I followed Jenny Doan's tutorial (Missouri Star Quilt Co) on how to make this Double Friendship Star quilt. The recipient received it last month and was delighted with it. I admit I was pleased with it too.


Double Friendship Star - Missouri Star Quilt Co
Front

Double Friendship Star - Missouri Star Quilt Co
Label and close up of quilted star

Double Friendship Star - Missouri Star Quilt Co
Back

My other item of Gifted Gorgeousness is my long delayed start to Tea with Honey. This is a Travelling Pattern which Jo has passed on to me. After debating which colour fabric to use as I had no Light Sand Cashel linen I settled on Flax. Then I discovered that Light Sand is also know as Latte! I'm glad that I'm happy with Flax as I would hate to restart this project. Oh, I've just noticed that I've missed some stitching in the green border. I must fill that in first thing later today.

Tea with Honey - Just Nan
Fabric: 28ct Zweigart Flax Cashel linen
Threads: Suggested DMC threads

If you are not familiar with Gifted Gorgeousness which is hosted by Jo of Serendipitous Stitching, you can find the full details of how it operates here.



3 comments:

  1. Your quilt looks great.
    It's going to be a nice project, I like the beginning.
    enjoy your week
    Martina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt looks amazing! Lucky friend! Your stitching looks great too, is that a Just Nan pattern? It looks great on the flax!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely quilt, what a sweet gift.
    Nice start on your Just Nan.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and leaving a comment.

It is lovely to hear what you think.