Pages

Tuesday 28 April 2020

Works in Progress

During the past month I've started a new project and went back to an older one.

I had put Alpine Seasons Garden away as I was finding it cumbersome to stitch it in a hoop, in hand. So earlier in the year I ordered a Lowry Workstand and some Elbsee easyclip scroll bars. I'm finding it easier to stitch on this project though I'm not yet comfortable with such long scroll bars. The important thing is (from my point of view) that Alpine Seasons Garden is seeing some progress again. Over the past two weeks I've stitched the top left section of the trees. With all the colour changes it's coming along slowly but I still love it.

This is where I started

Alpine Seasons Garden - Chatelaine
as at 02 April 2020
Fabric: 32ct Belfast Sand linen
Threads: Recommended silk threads

and here it is today.

Alpine Seasons Garden - Chatelaine
as at 28 April 2020
Fabric: 32ct Belfast Sand linen
Threads: Recommended silk threads
I'm glad I took a photograph of my starting point as it shows me that I am making progress.

My new project is Julie M's ( I'll cross that leg when I get to it ) mixing of Little House Needleworks' Little Sheep Virtues and Country Cottage Needleworks' Sheep in the Meadow. I've admired it since 2014 (!) but I was only able to buy the charts last year. It's a lovely project to work on and I find it relaxing.

Little Sheep Virtues - Little House Needleworks and
Sheep in the Meadow - Country Cottage Needleworks
Fabric: 40ct Zweigart Natural line
Threads: Recommended DMC and Weeks Dye Works threads
So as you can see, I've plenty of stitching to keep me busy.

4 comments:

  1. Alpine Garden really as grown quite a bit.
    The sheepies are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Regular photos of Chatelaines are essential! I have had mine out this week too.
    Nice work on the sheepies as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great progress, it looks beautiful. And the sheep are adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and leaving a comment.

It is lovely to hear what you think.