Pages

Tuesday 28 April 2020

Smalls SAL - April 2020

It's the end of the month and now's the time for another Smalls SAL check-in. This is hosted by Mary of Mary's Thread.
I stitched three small items this month but I've still to decide how I would like to finish them.

First up is La Poule. I received this chart from Clare of Aimtu's Stitching for Christmas.

La Poule - JBW Designs
Fabric - 28ct Zweigart Natural linen
Threads - Recommended DMC threads

Shepherd's Bush has this free design available which I fell for. I stitched it on a mottled green scrap of fabric that I had.

Ewe be well - Shepherd's Bush
Fabric - 32ct Fabric Flair mottled green
Threads - Suggested DMC threads

Finally I stitched this rose. I am considering finishing this as a rose scented sachet. That won't happen until the lockdown restrictions are eased and I can buy something rose scented to include in the filling. So who knows what my thinking will be by then!

Rose - Teaching model at a beginner's class in 1993
Fabric - 28ct White evenweave
Threads - DMC 309, 776, 899, 3346, 3347, 3348


9 comments:

  1. Very beautiful finishes. I love the JBW Designs La Poule finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. La Poule c'est superb! I like your Ewe finish too, I'm thinking of stitching something for stay well but can't decide what.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3 wonderful finishes Mary, you have been busy with needle and thread.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely smalls this month. I listed a load of the Be Well freebies and remembered to download them too! The SB one is on my Favourite list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mary, you asked about the mitred square blanket on my blog? I don't get email notifications for comments anymore so this is the only way I can contact you. The basic pattern is on Revelry, search for Knitted Patchwork Recipe by Martine Ellis. On my next blog post i'll put how i'm working mine because i've had a few people ask me, there are lots of different ways of doing them, it's just a matter of finding one that you like.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All 3 of these are lovely! My favorite...well I can hardly pick. I do love that chicken! Thanks for linking up with the SAL!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and leaving a comment.

It is lovely to hear what you think.