Pages

Friday 7 February 2020

(Re)Organisation of craft materials

For the past year I've been dreadful about having 'everything in it's place and a place for everything' when it comes to my crafting materials. It's got to the stage that I'm delaying doing things because I can't find what I want easily!
So it was time to bite the bullet and (re)organise my materials. To be honest it's more of an organisation, as to date I've tended to work on the principle 'that this carrier bag has A, that one, B'. However, when you can't find what you want anymore, something has to give.
I've decided to rearrange the spare bedroom so that I can use it as a craft room while making it available as a bedroom at short notice, if needed. The room is only used for two to three weeks in a year, so this way, it will be be used more.

Here are two photos of my cross-stitch materials - threads, charts, kits and fabric. I've probably got about the same amount combined for my wool, patchwork and finishing materials. It's been something of a revelation to DH how much stuff I have now that he sees it all laid out in one place!

Fabric and Kits
Those of you from the Wye Valley and Forest of Dean area might recognise the Chepstow Needlecrafts carrier bag. This was a terrific needlework shop in Chepstow in the mid 1990's. It was thanks to Carol(e), the owner, that I discovered cross stitch and Just Nan designs. She was (and I'm sure still is), a lovely, helpful lady.

Charts
As this project is being carried out at a leisurely pace, it will be a few weeks before you see nicely organised shelves.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you find some lovely forgotten things whilst getting your new craft room ready for occupation. I really need to put stuff away and like you Mary, have put off starting something as I know I need to do it before I kit something new up.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and leaving a comment.

It is lovely to hear what you think.