Pages

Thursday 13 February 2020

Jane Marshall 1857



I first heard of the Jane Marshall 1857 sampler on this Mid-week FibreTalk podcast which went out in January. It is a reproduction sampler from Hands Across the Sea Samplers and it is being sold in aid of the Rural Fire Services (RFS) of Katoomba/Leura and Wentworth Falls. With a beautiful sampler and being able to help an important service, I lost no time in placing my order.

Here is a photo of the completed sampler and ...


here is my progress so far. Sadly my photo doesn't do it justice. I hope the lighting is better when I take my next progress photograph.
Jane Marshall 1857 - Hands Across the Sea Samplers
Fabric: 32ct Zweigart Antique Ivory linen
Threads: Suggested DMC threads


5 comments:

  1. That's going to be beautiful Mary, I so love samplers x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful Sampler, and a wonderful way to raise funds too.
    I've seen some lovely versions including a tiny one stitched over one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just started my Jane Marshall too! It is such a pretty sampler. I can't wait to get to those floral bands!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's going to be beautiful, a great start

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and leaving a comment.

It is lovely to hear what you think.