Pages

Tuesday 23 April 2019

Gifted Gorgeousness - April 2019

It's time for my monthly Gifted Gorgeousness(GG) report. If you are not familiar with GG, it is an opportunity to share our gifted craft items that we make and receive. It is hosted by Jo of Serendipitous Stitching and full details of how it works can be found here.

Since I haven't posted regularly over the past month, I feel that I have quite a few things to share with you. So here I go!

First up is my Friendly Stitcher's Stitcher's Day exchange. My partner for this exchange was Martina.
She sent me this beautiful biscornu, threads and a tape measure.
Stitcher's Day exchange received from Martina, Friendly Stitchers
I stitched a needlecase for DJ but forgot to take a photograph. However you can see it here in DJ's April Gifted Gorgeousness blog post. It's at the end.

I finished Just Nan's Snowflowers. It is a gift for one of my mother's friends. I couldn't find a suitable custom-made frame so I laced it to this canvas frame and covered the back with the fabric the easel is standing on. My mother is very happy with it, so I hope her friend will be too.
Snowflowers - Just Nan
Fabric: 32ct Zweigart Exotic Orchid Belfast linen
Threads and embellishments: Recommended DMC threads 
and Just Nan embellishment pack
I finished the Llama baby quilt that I was working on and it is now with its new owner.
Simon's baby quilt
Fabric: Llama 801, Atacama 801 and Inca 801 by Indigo Fabrics
supplemented with navy and white fabrics
I've started my next baby quilt which is for Holly. Each of the blocks have been stitched and I now need to stitch the rows together. These colours are quite vibrant so I think I will choose something for the binding which will tone it down.
Holly's baby quilt
Fabric: 'TAO' Modele Depose, 'Black Tie' Oasis Fabrics
design 60-137, teal fabric with orange/white stripe
Before starting the quilt, I did some tester blocks which I also used as an opportunity to try applique with fusible webbing. I made these blocks into a cushion cover top and when it is completed I'll gift it to my sister.
Selection of fabrics in stash
Finally, a quick reminder of the gifts I sent and received in Needlecraft Haven's Easter Exchange.
Needlecraft Haven Easter exchange from Julie
My gifts for Astrid


That's everything for this month. Until next time, enjoy your crafting.

7 comments:

  1. Your quilts are looking lovely, Mary! And that Just Nan finish is exquisite--I'm sure your mother's friend will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of pretty things in your GG post this month Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly did a lot of crafts this month, I love your quilts. Thank you for taking part in Needlecraft Haven's exchange

    ReplyDelete
  4. All such lovely stitching and quilting. The Snowflowers finish is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for taking part in GG this month. The exchanges are all lovely and the JN is just stunning. It looks so pretty and delicate on that fabric.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and leaving a comment.

It is lovely to hear what you think.