Pages

Friday 16 September 2022

Gifted Gorgeousness and Fully Finished Gallery - September 2022

At Needlecraft Haven we exchanged summer themed pincushions. This is the pincushion that I sent to Julie using a free design from Hello at Liz Mathews and it is my sole Fully Finished item for the past month.


Summer Celebration Small - Hello from Liz Mathews
Fabric: 28ct Zweigart White linen
Threads: Recommended DMC threads

In return I received this beautiful sunflower pincushion and threads from Gill. The sunflower is appropriate as so much of the surrounding countryside is full of them during July and August.

I also sent to Clare these two initials (J and Q) for her church Christmas tree. If you read her blog you will have seen her finishing of these here. The J initial is a free design from Fox and Rabbit Designs' Cherry Monogram Pincushion.

 J from Cherry Monogram Pincushion- Fox and Rabbit Designs
Fabric: 32ct Zweigart Vintage Blue linen
Threads: Suggested DMC threads but substituted Atalie's Carmen for red

Q from Country Alphabet - Leisure Arts
Fabric: 32ct Zweigart Silver Moon linen
Threads: Recommended DMC threads

For those of you unfamiliar with Jo's Gifted Gorgeousness and Rachel's Fully Finished Gallery SALs, further details can be found here and here.

Until next time, enjoy your leisure interests.



9 comments:

  1. Beautiful little ornaments, I especially like the little pillow with the bees.
    Martina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty stitching, Mary! I love the little bee pillow you created!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for taking part in GG this month. I love the hexagon bee pincushion, it's the perfect shape for the piece!
    Your letters for Clare are lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pincushions given and recieved, and your letters are very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pincushion, I like the fabric, the pattern and how you finished it! It's perfect! I have been busy stitching about hives recently, all this make me feel I need to taste some honey soon. Love your letters too, I might choose a Q too as it's my maiden name initial and there is so many different way to design it. xxx Amitiés - Bisous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the bee hive, thank you for the link to the pattern. I like bees, not quite as much as dragons, but I do like bees.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for taking part in Needlecraft Haven's Summer Exchange, your pincushion for Julie is beautiful, a great finish. You received a lovely sunflower from Gill. Thank you for the letters for my Ornament Tree, they're super.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the beehive! Such a pretty finish! Thank you for the link to the lovely pattern - I do like stitched bees 😁👍
    Beautiful letters too.
    Barbara xx (The Flashing Scissors)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and leaving a comment.

It is lovely to hear what you think.