Pages

Saturday 11 June 2022

Fully Finished Gallery - June 2022 and Needlecraft Haven Jubilee Exchange

I actually have something to show for this month's Fully Finished Gallery which is hosted by Rachel, The Ten House Stitcher.

At Needlecraft Haven we had a Jubilee coaster exchange and I stitched this Commemorative Crown free design for Gill (no blog). It was my first time putting stitching in a round coaster and I imagine it will be awhile before I do it again. It was fiddly! I added some lettering, ER II and 70 years in silver but I couldn't get it to show up well in any photographs. I should have used another colour such as purple. Why purple you might ask.

Commemorative Crown design - Jenny Barton www.gathered.how
Fabric: 28ct Brittany Ivory evenweave
Threads: Suggested DMC threads except Krenik 102HL for
DMC Light Effects Gold and a gold sewing thread for backstitch

Well, it so happened that Clare stitched the same design for me and she used purple which as you can see below is more effective. As an aside, purple is one of my favourite colours.


This is not the first time that Clare and I have stitched the same design in exchanges.

Finally an update on my Jardin Privé Temperature SAL. Here is how it looked at the end of May. As you can see, it is definitely getting warmer. I haven't started on the strong reds yet but I'm getting there.

Projet Météo 2022 - Jardin Privé
Fabric: 32ct Zweigart Light Lilac linen
Threads: Suggested range of cool, warm and other DMC colours
and using a 4 degree Celsius range between colours



7 comments:

  1. How nicely you staged the two crowns, I like both variants very much. Nice progress on your SAL. I'm looking forward to the next colors.
    Happy Sunday, Martina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty stitching, Mary! Hope you are enjoying June--summer is almost here :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't that great that you stitched the same crowns?! They are super!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great minds do think alike! Both crowns look lovely.
    The temperature design is growing nicely too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great minds Mary hee hee. Your temperature colours are certainly getting hotter

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful! I'm sure the silver looks lovely in person.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for entering your FFO into the SAL. I totally admire the circular finish! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and leaving a comment.

It is lovely to hear what you think.