Pages

Saturday 1 May 2021

Stick 6 in 2021 - Second finish

Oh dear, this design did not want to be stitched! The finished stitched piece was my third attempt. First I didn't like my original choice of fabric. I stitched one flower and the colours didn't look good against a neutral colour. Finally I settled on this pale lilac but it is a 32ct linen, making the design larger than I wanted. So I decided that I would stitch it 1 over 1, but I didn't like how that was turning out. I was using DMC colours and I started to think that I really needed the suggested Gentle Arts and Weeks Dye threads. In the end I had to concede that it had to be stitched over 2 and then the suggested DMC conversion worked. I made one change to the design when I replaced the initial B with a small heart next to the left side of the bowl.

As it is larger than I wanted for a pincushion, this will now be finished as a flat-fold ornament or it will be framed. When our non-essential shops reopen next week, I will explore my options for finishing.

Sewn in Friendship - Heartstring Samplery
Fabric: 32ct Zweigart pale lilac linen
Threads: Suggested DMC conversion with DMC 3012 replaced by DMC 730


5 comments:

  1. A wonderful finish.
    Have a nice weekend Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  2. In spite of your struggles with this one, it sure turned out beautifully, Mary! Such a pretty color of linen, too. Enjoy your weekend ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it turned out so very pretty in the end Mary. I love that little bird. And the roses are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it looks beautiful with those colours, especially the bright reds.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and leaving a comment.

It is lovely to hear what you think.