Pages

Thursday 31 May 2018

Gifted Gorgeousness - May

I'm just back in time from an extended holiday to post my May Gifted Gorgeousness update. At the beginning of April I posted about a baby quilt which was ready for hand quilting. It's finished and it is now in its new home in Canada. 

Fabric: Moda Big Sky, Bears-Teal and Mustard; Makower Linea Zinc;
Makower linen texture Sunflower; Makower Essentials Tiny Dots light cream;
unknown brown/grey fabric and Makower Linea Ebony for backing

I enjoyed making this quilt a lot and I love how the colours complement each other. Once again, thank you Rita Norton for the inspiration. So great was my enjoyment, I've already decided on the design and fabric for my next quilt. Details on what I'm making will follow in a later post when I'm ready to start that project.

If you are unfamiliar with Gifted Gorgeousness, the idea is that you post about your stitching/crafting which is either a gift or made from items you have been gifted. It is hosted by Jo of Serendipitous Stitching and full details of how it works and how to join in can be found here.

8 comments:

  1. That quilt is beautiful, love the colors

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carin. I am delighted with how the colours came together.

      Delete
  2. It's a stunning quilt Mary, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie. I hope my next one looks as good.

      Delete
  3. Such a beautiful quilt, Mary. Great fabrics and colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for taking part in GG in May. Lovely quilt and a nice change from the pastels they grow out of so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really love the colors in this one, Mary--well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and leaving a comment.

It is lovely to hear what you think.