Pages

Monday 25 July 2016

Romeo is waiting on Juliet

During this spell of hot, sunny weather, I have been stitching ... slowly.
Just Nan's Romeo the Groom Mouse has now been stitched and finished but as you see in the photo below, poor Juliet is still waiting to be made up.

Just Nan - Romeo the Groom Mouse and an unfinished Juliet the Bride Mouse
Fabric: 32ct Silvery Moon Belfast linen
Threads: Recommended DMC, Kreinik #4 Braid #3231 and accessory pack

With the exception of inserting his tail, this was easier to make up than I expected. It makes me wonder why I kept putting it off during this past week. Below you can see a close-up of Romeo on his own, waiting for his Juliet.

Just Nan - Romeo the Groom Mouse
Fabric: 32ct Silvery Moon Belfast linen
Threads: Recommended DMC, Kreinik #4 Braid #3231 and accessory pack

I've made some progress on LHN's "The Potted Poinsettia" but it is not yet finished. It's larger than I would like but that is my fault for stitching it on 28ct and not 32ct as planned. By the time I realised my mistake, I had stitched too much to feel like starting again.

Little House Needleworks - Potted Poinsettia
Fabric: 28ct Cashel Flax linen
Threads: Atalie - Les 4 Saisons, Carmen and Desert











3 comments:

  1. He is absolutely adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary he is just adorable, I have been put off by these as they look so fiddly,maybe I may have to have a go now.Thanks for the comment on my blog ,all well now (crossing fingers) Could you tell me if the mice are stitched over one or two.thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and leaving a comment.

It is lovely to hear what you think.