Pages

Sunday 14 February 2016

Some finishes

During the past two weeks I've been visiting family. Before I went, I made up some of my finished stitching. I was pleased with my efforts as it is so easy for me to put my finished stitching to one side and say 'Done'. I've admired this design from Little House Needleworks for ages and I now have it finished and ready to display for next Christmas.

Season's Greetings - Little House Needleworks
stitched on 32ct Lambswool with suggested DMC threads
finished as a flat ornament with help from The Twisted Stitcher's tutorial

With almost 4,000 participants on Facebook alone, I've joined The Snowflower Diaries' Joyful World SAL. Now that I've received the magnets I needed, I will be able to complete the calendar I'm making to display these each month.

January, Joyful World SAL - The Snowflower Diaries
stitched on 40ct Newcastle vintage mocha with suggested DMC threads
Again, this is finished as a flat ornament using The Twisted Stitcher's tutorial

I've seen some gorgeous no-sew cubes online and thought this design was perfect for trying out this finishing technique. This is the first monthly ornament challenge on Needlecraft Haven that I've completed. This robin sampler from Aliolka (free chart) was too nice to resist.

Robin sampler - Aliolka
stitched on 28ct Jobelan Dark Red with DMC threads: blanc, 844, 3799, 3853
Finished as a no-sew cube using Little House Needlework's tutorial


9 comments:

  1. Beautiful work Mary - I love the colours you chose for the challenge. I haven't started my Joyful World yet - amazing how many people are stitching the same design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful finishes - I love them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These finishes are all so lovely. And you were doing a great job on the different finishing techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mary! All of your finishes are so pretty... I have never tried a cube finish, but I think Vonna's tutorials are so very helpful.

    Enjoy the rest of your February!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty and beautifully finished.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super finishes, I do like the challenge on the red fabric.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and leaving a comment.

It is lovely to hear what you think.