Pages

Tuesday 14 April 2015

A Stitcher's Day Exchange and progress on Alpine Seasons Garden

The Friendly Stitchers forum recently had a Stitcher's Day Exchange and I received my stitching exchange from Mouse on Saturday. She sent me this beautiful ornament, fabric, ribbon and scissors. I've attached my latest scissor fob to these pink polka dot scissors as they go so well together.

Stitcher's Day Exchange from Mouse

In return I sent Mouse this hanging ornament which has a pocket on the back to hold needles and/or scissors as well as two skeins of thread and a packet of Bohin needles. I like this free design from Glory Bee.

Stitching Days - Glory Bee Designs
Stitched for Mouse for Stitcher's Day Exchange
Reverse of stitched ornament for Mouse.
Pocket added to hold packet of needles and/or scissors
 I'm expecting slow progress on this next section of Alpine Seasons Garden. It is solid cross stitch with a lot of thread changes. I only managed to stitch most of the bottom right hand corner over the weekend.

Alpine Seasons Garden - Chatelaine
Stitched on 32ct Belfast Summer Khaki linen with recommended threads
Progress as at 12 April 2015
The sun is out, so if I go and finish the housework now, I might get some time to sit outside and read this afternoon.

7 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea for an exchange, nice goodies you both made.
    Alpine Garden is so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful exchange Mary, lovely gifts :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Alpine Garden WIP is just stunning, Mary! Slow progress is better than no progress :) Love what you received from Mouse and your hanging ornament with the little needle pocket on the backside is darling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely exchange gifts Mary and Alpine Garden is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice exchange! Alpine Garden look good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These exchange pieces and goodies are so lovely. And wow, your Alpine Graden has seen some nice progress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really beautiful exchange pieces Mary, and your Chatellaine is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and leaving a comment.

It is lovely to hear what you think.