Pages

Tuesday 18 April 2017

Gifted Gorgeousness - April

Gifted Gorgeousness is hosted by Jo of Serendipitous Stitching. Each month on (around) the 15th, we post about a project that we are stitching which uses anything that has been gifted to us or which we intend to give as a gift. If you click here, this will take you to Jo's blog and the links to the other stitchers who are taking part. You can sign up at any time and if you would like to do so, the rules can be found here.

2017 GG

April has been a busy month for gifted gorgeousness. In my previous post, if you haven't seen it already, you can read about the gifts I made and received in Needlecraft Haven's Easter Exchange. I'm also including my chocolate egg as that ribbon will be used sometime ☺.

Here's a close-up of the Easter ornament I made for Christine.

Peter Cottontail - Just Nan
Fabric - 28ct Blue Cashel linen
Threads: recommended DMC threads
I have no photo of Plum Street Samplers' 'Halloweenies' this month as I found another counting error in my stitching! Now that I've spotted it, my eye is drawn to it every time and I can see the misalignment between motifs. I've put it to one side for a few days until I feel ready to face it again.

I had a lot happening end of January/February and though I found comfort in my stitching then, my counting was obviously all over the place. Maybe next month I'll have more positive news about it.

Until then, enjoy your stitching.

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking part in GG this month. I just love that bell and this is the third time I've said so LOL. I told Christine the same when she was showing it off on her blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have several admirers of that bell finish Mary!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this bell, such a great and different idea. I too have just seen it on Christine's blog so it makes it a threesome for me too lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's gorgeous! What an unusual finish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the ornament and such a cool finish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! What a sweet gift.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a darling gift--love the bunny and the way you've finished it, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  8. trop mignonne ta petite cloche avec le lapinou
    bon dimanche
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  9. The bell is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous bell and so sorry to read about your miscounting - so frustrating but it happens to all of us at some stage or another!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and leaving a comment.

It is lovely to hear what you think.