Pages

Saturday 8 April 2017

Contrasting fabrics

The lady who leads our patchwork group asked us to use strong contrasting fabrics when making our schoolhouse blocks. With this blue polka dot and white combination I think I achieved the contrast. This was all stitched and quilted by hand and though I lost interest at one point with stitching so many pieces together, I'm pleased with the final product. This has been finished as a small wall hanging.

One of my friends said that the polka dots made it look as if it was snowing. I think I agree.

Schoolhouse quilt block
Finished size - approx. 33cm x 32cm

Next week we are using fabric scraps which are any length and at least 3cm wide to make blocks. I have no idea what to expect from this exercise, so watch this space.


6 comments:

  1. whooo j'aime beaucoup ton bloc
    belle soirée
    Véro

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely block, Mary. It must have been a very interesting experience to sew it all by hand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's very pretty. Great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice choices and great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect choice of fabric, it does look so good.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and leaving a comment.

It is lovely to hear what you think.