Pages

Sunday 21 August 2016

Joyful World SAL and a little quilting

I finished August in the Joyful World SAL this week. This one was special to me as it reminded me of my father's last dog. He was a great canine friend. I was pleased with how my lazy daisy stitches came out. Usually they never lie as I would like.

August, Joyful World SAL - The Snowflower Diaries
Fabric: 40ct Newcastle Vintage Mocha
Threads: Suggested DMC threads
I've made progress on quilting my hexagon quilt.

Design: Josette, found in Magic Patch hors serie, no.91,
'15 quilts miniatures'
Fabric, Moda charm pack  'Icicle kisses'
Since it is just the inner and outer edge of the centre rosette that is being quilted, it is not obvious in the above photo what I have done. So here are a couple of close-ups. I'm finding it hard to produce even stitches.  I've read in Kathleen Tracy's latest Sentimental Quilter blog post about Tiger Tape. This is supposed to help you learn to space your stitches evenly. I'm tempted to give it a try but I suppose what I really need to do is just practise and be patient.









5 comments:

  1. Lovely stitching Mary, and the quilt is just gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  2. August looks very nice, I will stitch this one for my DIL who has such a dog, too. I think she will love it.
    Great quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the lazy daisies and that dog! Your garden hex quilt is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way your SAL piece turned out for August, Mary! It is always nice when something in the piece has special meaning for you :)

    Your quilt is looking wonderful--love the colors you've chosen. I really hope to learn more about quilting when I retire!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dog in August looks adorable! It's a lovely finish.

    Love your quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and leaving a comment.

It is lovely to hear what you think.