Pages

Saturday 15 July 2017

My 10-a-day

It's 5-a-day for fruit and vegetables but I'm supplementing my healthy intake with 10 stitches a day :)

I've haven't done a progress update on Just Nan's Mermaid Heart since February when it looked like this.

Mermaid Heart - Just Nan
Fabric: 32ct Rue Green Belfast linen
Threads: Recommended Au Ver a Soie
At day 194 it looks like this. I am over halfway in completing this.

Mermaid Heart - Just Nan
Fabric: 32ct Rue Green Belfast linen
Threads: Recommended Au Ver a Soie
As always the photo doesn't do the project justice. The pinks and purples really 'pop'. I was beginning to lose interest in this project but now that I'm stitching the infills, the colours have renewed my interest.

As a reminder, this is a Facebook SAL where the objective is to stitch 10 stitches per day on a project with about 3,650 stitches so that you have a finish by the end of the year. This will be a lovely finish for the end of 2017.

8 comments:

  1. As I said on Facebook, you are making me want to stitch this one too!
    At this rate I will have ten 10-a-day projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful stitch! I think the colours are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bright and colourful, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty stitching Mary. I like the idea of just 10 stitches a day.
    I've been off stitching lately but have an exchange to do for October and this might be a great way for me to get it done and get back in the groove, so to speak :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh, this looks gorgeous with its wonderful colours. And it's incredible to see how much the ten stitches a day let the project grow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your Just Nan project, Mary. Her designs are so very beautiful, but I rarely stitch them as there are so many color changes :) I guess I am just lazy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Just Nan piece is coming along beautifully. Love those colours.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and leaving a comment.

It is lovely to hear what you think.