Pages

Sunday 30 July 2017

Christmas in July Exchange

Now that my exchange partner has received her gift, I can now post about the Friendly Stitchers Christmas in July exchange.

I received this lovely ornament from Roz (no blog). The design is from the 2014 issue of Just Crossstitch Christmas ornaments.



Here is the ornament I sent to Deb (no blog). For those of you familiar with my designer preferences, it will come as no surprise that I stitched a Just Nan ornament. I think this is my first circular finish and it's definitely my first attempt at a double coloured cord. I followed Vonna Pfeiffer's YouTube instructions for the cording. Thank you Vonna.

Blitzen Glistens - Just Nan 2008 Christmas ornament
Fabric - 32ct Zweigart Natural Opalescent linen
Threads: Recommended DMC threads and beads

9 comments:

  1. Both ornaments are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so nice to see a well done exchange with pieces that have care used in the making of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both ornaments are lovely Mary, but I especially love Blitzen :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great exchange. I love both ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great exchange pieces! I've used Vonna's tutorial too, it really is great, so easy to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Give Joy is beautiful, such pretty colours for a Christmas project. Loving the JN ... of course I would!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a lovely exchange on both ends, Mary! Your round ornament is perfect! Glad you had success with the cording, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely exchange, your round ornament is perfect!! I will have to look for that pattern,it's adorable. Do you happen to know the brand of the linen you used? I love the color. Thanks, Mary@stitchingfriendsforever2

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two lovely ornies and a beautiful example of cord making too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and leaving a comment.

It is lovely to hear what you think.