Pages

Saturday 8 December 2018

Winter knitting

You can tell it's getting colder as the knitting needles come out.

I recently finished this snood for my sister. I call it 'Mary's Sampler Snood' as it was knitted with a selection of stitches that I like. Fortunately my sister likes them too. I don't think the photo does it justice but it was the best I could get.

Snood - knitted with my choice of stitches
Wool: Rico Design - Ito Iro
Having admired the sock making of Julie (Julie's Stitchyknitter Journal) for a number of years I've taken the plunge and have started knitting my own socks. I'm using Winwick Mum's basic 4ply tutorial and here is my progress so far. It looks small but it fits. I've tried it just to be sure. The fun and games will start when I get to turning the heel.

Basic 4ply socks - Winwick Mum
Wool - Bergere de France goomy 50, Imprim Prun
Until next time, I'll leave you with another Christmas song. This time it is Chris de Burgh and 'A Spaceman came travelling'. As a teenager, I was a big Chris de Burgh fan and saw him play at Dublin a couple of times.

7 comments:

  1. Lovely knitting projects--looks like you will have a warm and cozy winter, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work Mary. I love that song, it's quite a thoughtful one isn't it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely colours in your knitting. Another great song, one of my favourites by Chris de Burgh too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great snood. Love the new sock start .. keep knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely knitting Mary!
    Ooooh, another Christmas song, oh great! I really enjoyed listening to everyone’s choice of music in the Hop. Nice to be able to listen to another choice!
    Barbara x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and leaving a comment.

It is lovely to hear what you think.