Pages

Saturday 27 October 2018

Gifted Gorgeousness - October

I'm a little late but it's time to show my Gifted Gorgeousness for October. This is organised by Jo of Serendipitous Stitching and if you are not familiar with Gifted Gorgeousness and how it works, full details can be found here.

I'm still knitting the cardigan for my mother. Between family visits, a deep cut on my right forefinger and burning my left hand, I've had limited time to knit. Nevertheless, I've now only got the neck band to knit, then sew it together and it will be finished. Since I could, I've laid it out as if it were a finished item in the photo below.

Flat collared cardigan

Stylecraft Alpaca Tweed in Duck Egg
When finished, the WIP shown below will be gifted to a friend who owns a dog kennel. I think she will like 'Noah's Welcome Mat' by Plum Street Samplers (PSS). Here is the link to the PSS blog post showing the finished design with a link to a pdf copy of the chart.
Noah's Welcome Mat - Plum Street Samplers
Fabric: 32ct Zweigart Belfast Platinum 
Threads: Suggested DMC threads

6 comments:

  1. Your mother will be so warm and cosy in her new cardigan especially as you made it for her.
    Sweet little new start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cardigan is lovely! Nice new start too

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is going to be beautiful, such a lovely colour.
    Nice start for your friend, what a perfect gift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I love that cardigan--it is going to be perfect for your mom, Mary :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cardi and great work on the stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for taking part in GG in October, still trying to catch up! That's a lovely cardigan, hand knits are so nice for the winter.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and leaving a comment.

It is lovely to hear what you think.