Pages

Wednesday 19 September 2018

Gifted Gorgeousness - September

Gifted Gorgeousness (GG) is the brainchild of Jo (Serendipitous Stitching) where we show our gift related crafting (made and received). You can read about how GG works here.

Between holiday visitors and the hot weather I've done very little crafting during the past month. However in the past week, I've knitted on the cardigan for my mum. I'm now on the second sleeve and once that is done, I will start sewing it together to add the border for buttons.

I love the basket stitch on the sleeves but I really have to concentrate to ensure I make the increases as instructed while keeping the pattern. It doesn't help that I sometimes forget to change my row counter at the end of each row.

Flat collared cardigan
Stylecraft Alpaca Tweed in Duck Egg
In Needlecraft Haven's 2017 Valentine Exchange I received some DMC threads as part of my exchange from Clare (blog post here). Using these, I stitched a  free friendship design from Passione Ricamo (found here). I'm undecided as to how I will finish this but as it has been stitched for a few months I thought that maybe by posting it, it will give me the necessary push to finally finish it.

Amitie - Passione Ricamo
Fabric: 40ct Edinburgh Natural(?) linen
Threads: DMC 776 and 777
Until next time, I hope you all find some time to spend doing what you enjoy.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking part in GG this month. The knitting looks very complicated to me. Unlike the freebie which is perfect for Aimetu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great little friendship piece and the cardigan looks lovely

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Mum's cardigan looks super, basket weave is very effective. What a lovely design you've stitched with the threads, I'm looking forward to seeing what you choose as its finish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, your mother's cardigan is going to be lovely, Mary--a perfect color :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cardigans looking super Mary. Lucky mum.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your mum is going to love her new cardi - so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely sweater set you have made, it looks so soft and cuddly!! I have always wanted to learn to knit, but I just can't get my fingers to cooperate. I love the little Amitie gift you made. I'm anxious to see how you will finish it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and leaving a comment.

It is lovely to hear what you think.