Pages

Sunday 18 March 2018

Gifted Gorgeousness - March and Stitcher's Day exchange

It's time for Gifted Gorgeousness (GG) again, which is organised by Jo of Serendipitous Stitching. You can find out more about GG and how to take part here.

Most of my stitching during the past month has been for exchanges. The Stitcher's Day exchange at Friendly Stitchers is completed for me as I have sent and received.

My partner was Meari (Meari's Musings) and I stitched this scissor fob from The Sweetheart Tree as well as this hardanger matchbook needle case. I added Meari's initials and the year on one side of the fob. Unfortunately it was difficult to get decent photos of these, but at least I have a photographic record of them.

The Sweetheart Tree - Stitcher's Favorite Fob
Fabric: 32ct Belfast Flax linen
Threads: Suggested DMC threads
Embellishment: Beads from own stash

 Hardanger matchbook needle case

I received this beautiful and handy thread keeper with two gorgeous Sparklies threads from Chris (no blog).

Thread Keeper with threads from Chris






12 comments:

  1. That looks like a great exchange Mary, such pretty and useful gifts sent and received.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking part in GG this month with your lovely exchange. The scissor fob looks like a tricky shape to sew together but your's is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect gifts for the exchange, what a nice idea the matchbook is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These gifts are so beautiful, a great and successful exchange.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great exchange gifts both given and received :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such pretty pieces in your exchange, Mary! It is always such fun to get gifts from around the world :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely exchange so much thought has gone into both projects.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mary!

    I just bought that Thread Keeper chart. You're a lucky gal to receive it in the exchange.

    I do love the fob you made me. If you'd like to snag a photo of the initials off my blog, feel free. Thank you, again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely gifts, Mary. And your fobs are perfect! Kisses, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What gorgeous exchange gifts! Love them all, but especially the Hardanger matchbook needle-case!
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and leaving a comment.

It is lovely to hear what you think.