Pages

Saturday 29 July 2017

Gifted Gorgeousness - July

Getting in just in time again for Gifted Gorgeousness. Things seemed to be so busy at the moment with visiting friends or having visitors.

As a reminder, Gifted Gorgeousness is hosted by Jo of Serendipitous Stitching. Each month ideally around the 15th, we post about a project that we are stitching which uses anything that has been gifted to us or which we intend to give as a gift. If you'd like to sign up, you can find out more about it, here.

I haven't done a lot this past month but I have been stitching on this dilly bag. All the small pieces have been stitched together and my next task is to quilt these before adding the other parts of the bag. Even though I have the instructions, I'm not entirely sure how I will put it together as I have to add a top part, the base and an interior fabric. It I get stuck, it won't be finished until October as that is when I return to my patchwork group. I'm one of those people who finds it easier to follow instructions when someone shows me how to do something rather than reading a given set of 'how-to' directions. It I can picture it in my head, I can make progress.

This bag is for me to hold my stitching notions when I go to patchwork but the fabrics for it were gifted to me by Deb (no blog) and Mouse (Tales of a stitching mouse). By chance they each gave me red and white fabrics and I have enjoyed using them for this bag.

Dilly bag in progress


5 comments:

  1. Pretty and useful new dilly bag, love seeing patchwork, something I need to try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is going to be lovely Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, these fabrics are just gorgeous. I love red and white.
    I'm like you. I can follow instructions better when I have watched someone before realizing them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for taking part in GG this month. Love the colours in this little bag.
    YouTube is a great resource for watching how something is made.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great combination of colours Mary - just classic. Looking forward to seeing this as I'm not sure what a dilly bag is!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and leaving a comment.

It is lovely to hear what you think.